Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star Review

Happy Wednesday!

 I have made it no secret of how much I love Mr. Darcy, and the book Pride and Prejudice. Today I wanted to share with you all a fun rocktastic retelling of my favorite Austen book ever! Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Lynn Rigaud, is one of the best retellings of Pride and Prejudice that I have ever read!

The description was taken from the Goodreads website:

 ""Darcy's as hot as he is talented..."

Fast music, powerful beats, and wild reputations-on and off stage-have made virtuoso guitarist Fitzwilliam Darcy's band into rock's newest bad boys. But they've lost their latest opening act, and their red-hot summer tour is on the fast track to disaster. Now Darcy and bandmates Charles Bingley and Richard Fitzwilliam are about to meet their match...

"But she's about to rock his world..."

Enter Elizabeth Bennet, fiercely independent star of girl-band Long Borne Suffering. Elizabeth, her sister Jane, and friend Charlotte Lucas have talent to spare and jump at the opening band slot. Elizabeth is sure she's seen the worst the music industry has to offer. But as the days and nights heat up, it becomes clear that everyone is in for a summer to remember."

Imagine if Elizabeth and Darcy were thrown into the modern world and became rock stars. This is exactly what this book gives you while still staying true to the original story. All the characters that you know and love are back, and all the love/hate relationships are still there, they are just thrown in with a mix of rock and roll. I am trying not to give too much away, because I don't do spoilers, but I want to make sure that people understand how amazing this book is. I will admit I was skeptical when I first picked up this book, but when I started reading I was not disappointed, and I couldn't put it down. It will have you dreaming of Mr. Darcy in tight pants for years to come. This is one story you would want to read over and over again. This novel allows the wonderful story of Pride and Prejudice to be presented to a whole new audience. This is one novel Jane Austen would be proud of.

Rock out with Darcy my fellow readers!

10879272

Image taken from the Goodreads website.

No comments:

Post a Comment