Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Made For Me Review

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

 I hope everyone had an amazing day yesterday! I know I loved spending time with my family during the Holidays! Today I wanted to do a fun book review for ya'll. Made for Me by Kathryn R. Biel is one laugh out loud, romantic comedy, that any Project Runway lover would absolutely love!

The description was taken from the Goodreads website:

 "Michele's lack of focus in life hasn't bothered her, until the day she finds herself with mounting credit card debt, unable to afford her rent, and without a job. While her meddling family questions how she can end up in this predicament, at the age of 29, and single to boot, Michele doesn't want to admit the truth. All she wants to do is sew.

Faced with the prospect of moving back into her parents' house, Michele throws a Hail Mary pass and applies for a TV design contest, Made for Me. In order to win the contest, Michele will have to compete with nine other contestants to design the new wardrobe for Duchess Maryn Medrovovich, who's about to marry Prince Stephan of the United Republic of Montabago.

While in the seclusion of the show, Michele starts to realize where her focus in life should be, and what's truly important to her. However, a dashing competitor might just cause her to lose her focus once and for all. Can Michele keep her eye on the prize while being true to herself?"

Michele thought that she had her life together, until one day reality came crashing down on her head. Michele finds herself in a tough spot, and doesn't want to live with her parents at the age of 29. She decides to enter into a television show for designers, and although she doesn't believe she will get a spot, the producers love her ideas so much that she is selected for the show. Now not only is she having to design outfits for a Duchess to wear in public, but she is having to deal with her anxiety of being on television and trying to keep her eye on the prize where so many distractions are thrown her way. Along the way she is able to find her path, and realizes just want she wants to do with her life even if she loses the competition. But will a television romance put a plug in Michele's dreams?

While reading this book, I found myself relating to Michele on just about every level, except I am older, and I am not a fashion designer. What I loved most about this book, is you were transported into the story right along with Michele and were able to connect with her on an emotional level. When she is anxious, I was anxious, when she was laughing, I was laughing, when she was crying, I was crying, and so on. This goes beyond just a story, because it takes the reader on their own journey to find something that might be missing in their life.

Happy tailoring your lives my friends!

31328962

Image taken from the Goodreads website.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are most welcome! I'm happy that you liked my review of your amazing book!

      Delete