Friday, December 7, 2018

Branded Review

We made it to Friday everyone!

 Today I am going to be reviewing a YA book called Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki. This is a dystopian novel set in the future where criminals are punished in a certain way.

The description was taken from the Goodreads website:

 "Fifty years ago The Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society.

To punish the guilty, he created the Hole, a place where sinners are branded according to their sins. Sinners are forced to live a less than human existence in deplorable conditions, under the watchful eye of guards who are ready to kill anyone who steps out of line.

Now, LUST wraps around my neck like thick, blue fingers, threatening to choke the life out of me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit, and the Hole is my new home.

Constant darkness.

Brutal and savage violence.

Excruciating pain.

Every day is a fight for survival.

But I won’t let them win. I will not die in the Hole.

I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter. My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story."

Lexi has been accused of a crime she didn't commit, and now she much be punished for it. When she gets thrown into the hole she is assigned a special guard, and gets a job at the hospital. She sees how people look at her brand, and sees how they are treated. There are a couple of times that Lexi gets in to trouble, and her guard has to watch out for her. Along the way she will realize the truth about the Commander and the truth about the hole. But will she find out the truth in time to save herself or will she be too late?

This is a very powerful story about one girl's journey to find herself and to prove her innocence. The authors draw you into the story, and make you feel exactly what Lexi is feeling. What I really loved about this book is Lexi starts out as a damsel in distress, but she finds her strength, and starts to stand up for herself. It's a book about a harsh future where you have to fight to survive, and there is a little love thrown into the mix along the way. This is one adventure you won't want to miss.

Journey into the future fellow readers!

17402117

Image taken from Goodreads website.

No comments:

Post a Comment