Monday, October 22, 2018

Jane A Review

Hello Fellow Readers!

  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Today I am going to be reviewing Jane by April Linder. When I stumbled upon this book, I knew I had to read it because it sounded like a unique take on Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I am one of those people that love retellings  of classic novels, and being one who loves Jane Eyre I was willing to read it. Now, when someone does a retelling of a classic novel, you do get slightly worried, because what if it totally destroys the original. I did have this feeling, however when I began to read it, I couldn't put it down, and I just knew I had to finish it. I was not at all disappointed with the way April brought new life into a classic love story. She didn't take anything away from the original, instead you added more depth and character to the story.

The description of Jane is below, provided from the Goodreads website:

 "Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, a world-famous rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. 

But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is soon tested by an agonizing secret from his past. Torn between her feelings for Nico and his fateful secret, Jane must decide: Does being true to herself mean giving up on true love?

An irresistible romance interwoven with a darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers."

Jane Moore has all the characteristics of the original Jane, however they have been upgraded to fit into a new society, and introduce a new audience to the classic tale. Plus, Mr. Rochester has been turned into a sexy rock star named Nico Rathburn. Even his name sounds sexy...and this comes from a girl who apparently has a thing for jerks, because I fell in love with the original Mr. Rochester, just as I did Nico. When you read this book you see the complex relationship between Jane and Nico, and you get to see how they evolve as individuals. Nico is one of the best takes on Mr. Rochester that I have seen so far, and I will admit I may even like Nico slightly better, but only just slightly. April breathes life into her characters, makes them dance off the page, and right into the readers hearts. This book will help the classic live on for generations.

Any fan of Charlotte Bronte or Jane Eyre needs to read this amazing book, and hopefully fall in love with this updated characters as I did!

Happy Reading!

7826117

Image taken from Goodreads website.

No comments:

Post a Comment