Friday, October 19, 2018

Fight or Flight Review

Hello fellow adventurers!

 Today I am going to review the amazing new book Fight or Flight by Samantha Young. Now I am not going to be ashamed to say that I stayed up until 2 am to finish reading this book when I only had 70 something pages to go. I just had to see how it ended for the two main characters, and lets just say you won't be disappointed with any part of this book.

The description from Goodreads:

"The universe is conspiring against Ava Breevort. As if flying back to Phoenix to bury a childhood friend wasn't hell enough, a cloud of volcanic ash traveling from overseas delayed her flight back home to Boston. Her last ditch attempt to salvage the trip was thwarted by an arrogant Scotsman, Caleb Scott, who steals a first class seat out from under her. Then over the course of their journey home, their antagonism somehow lands them in bed for the steamiest layover Ava's ever had. And that's all it was--until Caleb shows up on her doorstep.

When pure chance pulls Ava back into Caleb's orbit, he proposes they enjoy their physical connection while he's stranded in Boston. Ava agrees, knowing her heart's in no danger since a) she barely likes Caleb and b) his existence in her life is temporary. Not long thereafter Ava realizes she's made a terrible error because as it turns out Caleb Scott isn't quite so unlikeable after all. When his stay in Boston becomes permanent, Ava must decide whether to fight her feelings for him or give into them. But even if she does decide to risk her heart on Caleb, there is no guarantee her stubborn Scot will want to risk his heart on her...."

Now if you didn't get interested from that description, than maybe the cover will help sway your decision:

Fight or Flight

Book image taken from the Goodreads website.

Ava has been hurt in the past and you will see her come to terms with that through the entire book. As the book goes on you learn more about Caleb, and what you learn will hurt you and surprise you all at the same time. Both Ava and Caleb have learned from their past or are they just using it as a weapon of protection against love and letting someone in? This book had me laughing, crying, screaming, and wanting to jump through the pages to slap some characters silly. Ava did remind me a lot about myself, because I noticed that I was holding on to the things that hurt me in the past, and how I am still letting them affect me to this day. Through reading this book, I discovered that in order to fully be happy you need to let go of the past, and live your life to the fullest. I am honestly hoping she comes out with another book, so I can see the relationship between two characters grow, and check in on how Ava and Caleb are doing.

I love reading books that you never want to let go of the characters because you see something in them that you see in yourself. This book also has me believing in fate and love again. It also makes me want to start getting on a plane to Scotland, and seeing if I can catch me a Scottish man, because Samantha paints them as sexy beasts. Plus you can just hear the accent in your head when you are reading the lines in the story, which is sexy in it's own way!

I will warn that their are sex scenes in this book, but they don't take away from the story, they only add to it!

Happy plane travels my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment