Monday, October 8, 2018

Trashy Romance Novel Review

Hey Guys!

 So today I am going to review Trashy Romance Novel by Jacqueline E. Smith. When you hear the title, I bet you are thinking to yourself, "What kind of book is this exactly". The answer one amazing book about an author who wrote what she refers to as a trashy romance novel that is being turned into a TV series. I personally haven't spoken to any authors who are having their books turned into TV shows or movies, but after reading this book, I feel like it would be accurate.

Just read the description provided by Goodreads:

 ""It all started with a crush. How cliche is that? I mean, of all the things to motivate a person to do something, how often does it go back to a silly infatuation? More often than most of us would probably care to admit. Of course, this wasn't an ordinary crush on a cute coworker or a charming friend of a friend I hooked up with at a party. No, I've never met the man who inspired my books. But I'm about to." Delaney Brooks is the author of The Queen's Surrogate, the "sinfully satisfactory" romance novel that swept readers around the world off their feet and into the fictional embrace of His Majesty, King Malcolm. When her book is adapted into an eight-part miniseries, Delaney and her best friend Gemma fly to Scotland for what promises to be two months of lush green mountains, historic castles, and hot celebrity co-workers, including the gorgeous Matthew Kent, British playboy Benjamin Wyndham, and Hollywood's hottest reformed rebel, Colin Ward".

Now this book is not filled with sex scenes, but it is a heart felt romance story that will make you laugh and cry. The main character Delaney, doesn't want her family to know that she is an author of these books, because she is embarrassed by them, however as the story goes on we get to see her journey into acceptance with herself. This story is based in Scotland for the majority of the story, and what a beautiful place for this book. This is another author that makes you want to visit the places she is describing and feeling like you have been there before. 

I don't want to give away anything about this book, however be prepared to go on an emotional roller coaster of the best kind. The characters in this story are so real that you can see yourself in them, and you also want to know them more. Delaney is a character that is all of us. She gets to meet her Hollywood crush, and how many of us have wanted to do that. I'm not going to lie, this book had me wanting to go to Hollywood and see if I could get some hottie to fall in love with me. Plus the male characters in this book, are described so well that you can get a clear image of them, and well actually every character in your head. You will want them to be your best friend, and you wish they were real so you can get to know them. 

I know that my past posts have been about getting to know characters and emotional roller coaster rides, however I believe that those are some of the best books to read. When you can get lost in a book and escape your world without leaving your bedroom, than you get to have an adventure without taking a plane anywhere, and to me that is the best adventure of all.

36797095

Photo taken from Goodreads website

No comments:

Post a Comment